Recipe 1: Honey-Lemon Chicken Broccoli Bowls via Damn Delicious
Recipe 2: Taco Salad (recipe below)
Recipe 3: Grilled Balsamic Chicken & Roasted Peppers via Short List Meals via text (recipe below)
Recipe 4: Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers via Dear Crissy (I have made A LOT of stuffed peppers and these might be my favorite so far)
Recipe 5: Skillet Sazon Chicken via Skinnytaste
Recipe 2: Taco Salad (I have never written a recipe so please bear with me)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add taco seasoning and garlic stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add ground turkey and cook, stirring occasionally, until almost cooked through but still slightly pink, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, vinegar, and brown sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Layer lettuce, crushed tortilla chips, cooked turkey, cheese, tomatoes and avocado. Pour salsa or taco sauce over salad to your liking. Serve immediately.
Recipe 3: Grilled Balsamic Chicken & Roasted Peppers via Short List Meals via text (original recipe below)
Her salad above looks delicious and I will definitely be adding it to a future meal plan but I used the recipe above simply as a marinade for chicken tenders (marinated for about 4 hours) and then grilled it.
Marinade: 1/4 C Olive Oil + 1 T Balsamic Vinegar + 1 t sugar + salt & pepper
I served that over quinoa cooked per the package directions and then roasted 1 red bell pepper and 1 green bell pepper at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes with salt & pepper. That’s it….
Week 11 Grocery List (viewable in iBooks)
8-10 Chicken Breasts
2 packs of Ground Turkey Breast
freshly grated ginger
8-10 cloves garlic
8 large bell peppers (any colors)
1 medium tomato
4 large avocados
ground annatto seeds (achiote) or turmeric
taco seasoning (I use McCormicks – don’t judge me Gina!)
reduced sodium soy sauce
apple cider vinegar
salsa or taco sauce (I use La Victoria Medium Green Taco Sauce)
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 16 oz. jar crushed tomatoes
6-ish cups chicken broth