One of my favorite things to do is to tour model homes. Luckily for me I live in a new area so there are new homes debuting every few months. I particularly love the nursery and kid rooms featured in model homes. It’s like a Pinterest board come to life! I always get great decor and organizational ideas from these rooms.
Below is a yellow, grey and wood safari themed nursery which was too fun not to share. The bright yellow plays well with the more masculine grey and wood palette. Because I am an avid window shopper I included the links of where you can purchase some of the items that I have seen in my shopping travels. This room is a great inspiration for a gender neutral nursery.
1. The Babyletto Hudson Convertible Crib is at a great price at $379. It’s sleek and minimalist lines are perfect for the mid-century modern parent. The grey color adds a perfect pop to any room.
2. If your nursery is small in space, then the Vinnie White Cradle Chair is for you. I found it on Overstock.com for only $122.39!
3. The baby zoo lion and giraffe wall decals are from the Etsy shop LeoLittleLion, the same place as one of the prints you will see in the next picture.
4. Not A Peep, yellow and polka dot crib bedding sheet is from Land of Nod.
5. The Jaipur Flatweave Geometric Rug anchors the whole look.
1. I have always adored this Safari Friends Bamboo Mobile. Find it at Petit Collage.com
2. The Little Lion Studio Animal Alphabet print is perfectly displayed in a dark wood frame. Get the print at LittleLion Studio website here.
3. The personalized name lion print can be found at the Etsy shop LeoLittleLion.
I am bummed I could not find the curtain panels. But here is what I did find:
1. Yellow Wilco Glossy Side Table is from LikeModern.com
2. Full Bloom Floor Lamp from Land of Nod.com
1. The grey and white Babyletto Changer Dresser is shown above without the changing tray. It is the matching piece to the Babyletto Hudson Crib.
2. The table lamp is also a matching piece to the floor lamp at Land of Nod.
The colorful wood paneled mirror is another piece that I am sorry not to find. However, I did find a Pinterest tutorial on how to create your own! This DIY mirror was made from wood shims from Home Depot and a round mirror from Hobby Lobby. The tutorial is from the blog The Lettered Cottage which I am so happy I stumbled upon!